Reports to: Director of Construction Services
Team: Construction Services
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management
Licensure: Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA), America Institute of Constructors AC Certification or American Institute of Constructors CPC Certification preferred but not required
Experience: 1-5 years of experience working on public bid lump sum contracts, construction manager contracts, and design build contracts
Electrical engineer with active power and lighting design project experience in the retail, commercial, government Primary responsibility will be construction administration of multiple, simultaneous building projects from construction kick-off to final completion and through the warranty period. Job duties will include field observations and reports, review of submittals and shop drawings, review of application for payments, responding to RFI’s, coordination with consultants, attending progress meetings, preparing punch lists, preparing various AIA documents, and construction document constructability reviews. Candidates must be willing to travel in state and out of state.
- Perform pre-design as-built verification site visit and reports.
- Coordinate all architectural, engineering, and sub-consultant activities related to construction contract administration, including supplemental instructions, proposal requests, construction change directives, permit revisions, field observations, reports, change orders, and pay requests.
- Perform constructability and quality control reviews of plans and specifications.
- Prepare opinions of probable construction cost.
- Review project submittals, review coordinate and respond to RFIs.
- Other related activities include assist with the development and improvement of the contract administration process with emphasis on efficiency, quality assurance, quality compliance, and project closeout.
- Compile, evaluate and present feedback information related to necessary changes in construction documents.
- Conduct on-site observations, prepare and distribute reports.
- Coordinate with the architecture/engineering team to ensure project completion complies with contract documents and applicable codes and regulations.
- Review contractor’s project drawings, warranties, and other close out documents.
- Review construction change orders for contract conformance.
- Review contractor request for payment.
- Perform related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Must be willing to travel out of state three out of five days a week.
- Software Programs: Proficiency with Autocad/Revit, RSmeans, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam, Newforma or Procore.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Analytical, intelligent, ability to quickly re-direct focus, resourceful, grammatically accurate, formatting competent, organized, helpful, reliable, dependable, trustworthy.
- Organized and capable of multi-staking while working on multiple construction projects in and out of the office.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Knowledge of AIA standard contracts and forms preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Familiar with government and/or AIA construction project methodology, design standards, and specifications.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Working from home 2-3 days / week is a possible consideration for a candidate to discuss with the director
- Paid medical + dental coverage
- 401K match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working schedule
We’re committed to our community and our team culture encourages personal development. We are an EEO employer.