Reports to: Director of Mechanical Engineering
Team: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Associates Degree in Drafting Technology or Equivalent
Experience: 2-10 Years
Professional: Certified Mechanical Designer or Certified Plumbing Designer (preferred)
As an integral member of Cyntergy’s mechanical team the successful candidate will be expected to prioritize unique and valuable relationships with employees and clients by:
- Lead within the mechanical team and represent our discipline both inside and outside of Cyntergy
- Collaborate with directors, project managers, team members and other discipline leads on projects
- Participate with director on personal, technical skill development
- Initiate personal career development in cooperation with the director
- Model active and constructive engagement in company culture and initiatives
- Implement industry design of code-compliant HVAC & Plumbing construction documents including duct and pipe sizing, equipment selection, specifications and equipment layouts in the building environment.
- Review customer design guidelines, drawings, customer meeting notes, applicable local codes and industry standards.
- Review, report on and implement new HVAC & Plumbing system technologies to assure optimal equipment selections with respect to energy, environmental, maintenance and cost issues.
- Coordinate and resolve equipment installation issues with the project manager, vendors and contractors.
- Perform site visits & surveys for assessment and information gathering to develop a HVAC & Plumbing system scope-of-work.
- Perform formal walk-throughs with contractor or Owner as various project milestones for installation verification or scope-of-work definition.
- Troubleshoot HVAC & Plumbing systems with accompanying engineering report
- Periodic Functions: Same-day and Overnight Travel (car and air)
- Competency in the use of AutoCAD (required) and Revit (preferred)
- Customer and relationship-building focused
- Good communication skills
- Capable of writing formal engineering reports and studies
- Ability to work as a part of a multi-discipline team
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of overall project delivery process in a consulting context
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work within set time schedules
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid medical + dental coverage
- 401K match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working schedule
We’re committed to our community and our team culture encourages personal development. We are an EEO employer.