Reports to: Controller
Education: B.S. in Accounting or Finance
Experience: 10+ Years
Professional: CPA preferred but not required
The Senior Financial/Accounting Specialist will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. He/she will have monthly, quarterly and annual financial and accounting objectives. The Senior Financial and Accounting Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Controller in analyzing and reporting financial status by closely monitoring revenue, expenses, and budget comparisons. This position is also responsible for various special projects and financial analysis projects. He/she will use this information to give financial advice to the Controller and Cyntergy’s leadership and to better monitor company finances and cash flow.
- Oversee the posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, payroll transactions, accounts payable and general ledger adjustments.
- Manage month end closing and work with the Controller to create financial statements
- Work with the Controller to report financial results to company’s senior leadership on a regular cycle.
- Work with the Controller to manage cash flow.
- Assist the Controller with preparing company and partner taxes along with various state and local taxes, franchise taxes and other compliance related matters.
- Monitor project budgets and billings and report to the applicable Principal.
- Assist the accounting team in promoting procedures and best practices to ensure smooth billing and collection cycles.
- Assist the accounting team in providing prompt customer billing, vendor payments and accounts receivable collections.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement efforts applicable to position and skills.
- Monitor and approve customer credit terms as contracted
- Support and renewal of company insurance, including assessment of compliance issues, review of client contract requirements.
- Assist Human Resources with the accounting/financial portion of benefits and operations, including payroll tax questions.
- Clear communication skills
- Competency in Deltek Vision, MS-Office and general accounting software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Data management, reporting and analytical skills.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Paid medical + dental coverage
- 401K match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible working schedule
We’re committed to our community and our team culture encourages personal development. We are an EEO employer.